I discovered Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine when I was in search of relief from my knee pain. My Doctors weren’t able to offer me relief without drugs, so I began researching alternate forms of treatment. I decided to try acupuncture after much deliberation, and I was instantly a fan. What I found amazing was that so many of my pressing issues were addressed in this simple treatment. I had so much menstrual pain, PMS, and of course stress/anxiety.
I was very apprehensive (scared!) about the needles but I knew I really didn’t want to take a lot of medications and still have continued pain. I was surprised at the level of pain relief and relaxation I felt and working with my acupuncturist on diet, I also lost some weight (bonus!). Needless to say, I connected with the holistic approach to whole body and mind health and of treating the root cause of the disease and not just the symptoms. This approach of balance in life and health prevents recurrence of disease and discourages new illness from occurring.
The human body is truly amazing and is designed to be healthy ~ just think about all we take for granted and all we put our bodies through and they still keep ticking along! We all have the ability to heal ourselves if we simply give the body what it needs to succeed!
A little about my education:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry ~ Eastern Connecticut State University
- Associate in Applied Science in Computer Programming ~ J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) ~ Averett University
- Master of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (MAOM) ~ New England School of Acupuncture
- Diplomate of Oriental Medicine through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (#154891)
- Licensed to practice Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine through the Massachusetts Board of Medicine (License #261149)