- Gift Certificates-Online Store
- Blake Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine5 Market Square Ste B6, Amesbury, MA 01913(781) 269-2849
Clinic Hours | Amesbury, MAMon12 pm - 7:30 pmWed12 pm - 7:30 pmThu12 pm - 7:30 pmSunClosedOther times available by appointment. Please email.
- • Seven Healthy Fall Habits •
- • 5 Ways to Stay Fit This Fall •
- • Improve Your Mental Health with Regular Meditation •
- Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:
Although sun protection is extremely important to protect against harmful UV-rays and to prevent skin cancer, next time you pick out your sunscreen, consider what you’re buying. Many common sunscreens actually contain chemicals that can be harmful to your body.
Chemicals to avoid in common sunscreens:
- Retinol palmitate
- Padimate O/PABA
- Nano or Micronized mineral particles
There are several and easy ways to make effective and natural homemade sunscreen. continue reading
Quit the tobacco, and don’t start if you haven’t already
It should be common sense now that smoking or chewing tobacco can lead to multiple types of cancer. If you are trying to quit, you are not alone. Try joining a support group or making a plan for yourself to set goals for quitting. Facing addiction is hard, but not using tobacco can save years of your life.
A healthy, well-rounded diet can do wonders for lowering your risk of cancer and overall wellbeing. Cut out processed sugar and instead focus on whole foods such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Salmon is full of omega-3 fatty acids that have been shown to help fight cancer. Other fish that can help reduce the risk of endometrial cancer in women include halibut, sardines and tuna. continue reading